What you need to know to take a class at the
CALVERT QUILT SHOP
1) You must register for any class by coming by our store or registering by phone with credit card. Please register as soon as you can
because some classes do fill. We will cancel classes due to insufficient enrollment.
2) Most all classes require that you bring in your own sewing machine for class use. This is a great way to learn your machine!
3) Supplies such as fabrics, pattern, textbook, and notions for your class are all sold right here at the
quilt shop - AND - you get a 10% discount on all supplies for your class (except pre-made kits).
Purchasing all of your supplies from us will help us to stay in business!!
Check each class separately
for a more detailed list of supplies for each particular class.
4) Please call us if you are unable to attend or running late 410-535-0576
we worry about you and don't want to begin our class without you.
BASIC CLASS SUPPLIES (For ALL Classes)
1) Your sewing machine in good working order
2) 1/4" seam foot, walking foot, darning foot
3) Fabric scissors, thread clipping scissors, paper scissors
4) Rotary cutter (sometimes a special ruler) - no need for cutting mats - we have plenty
5) straight pins, safety pins for basting
6) marking pens for fabric
7) specific pattern, fabric, threads, notions for the specific class